4. ENGAGE idea presentation
|Natural and social sciences, art, languages, history and math.
|Developing and presenting projects to stakeholders and decision makers.
The purpose of this module is that participants acquire skills setting up a process of public participation in community development and decision making. This includes setting up youth parliament involving key stakeholders and decision makers.
Descriptors for this module’s learning outcome
- How they can define relevant stakeholders and decision making bodies and people in the community, such as community level policy makers, association, business owner, citizens or citizens groups facing challenges
- The method they decide to use in the presentations in the youth parliament
- Democracy rules and public participation approaches (how the public can be included in the decision making process?)
- Team work, building and developing their strengths in communication and cooperation
- Being an advocate to the subject they present for the decision makers and stakeholders
- Facilitation and public participatory approaches and how they can be applied in a youth parliament.
- Communicate and justify their idea
- Presentation and performing skills, build upon group dynamics and individual strengths
- Using multimedia approaches to disseminate and present their idea
- Facilitation and design of decision making process to select a winning idea or ideas to be implemented to contribute to a community challenge or issue.